The Friends scheme is open to those who have an interest in the spectacular and interesting character of Australian rocks. No scientific qualifications or technical experience is required, and the Friends program will assist in developing an understanding of the remarkable history of the Australian continent, and an appreciation of the intriguing characteristics of all our geological terrains, without the need to travel to the numerous sites represented in the National Rock Garden (NRG).
The following benefits are available to Friends of the National Rock Garden:
- email delivery of the NRG electronic Newsletter containing information about the development of the Rock Garden, and about related national and international geological displays and innovations
- invitations to attend events related to the NRG (such as rock launches)
- encouragement to learn about the geology of Australia (and nearby island groups)
- opportunities to assist in conducting some activities at the NRG
- opportunities to ask questions about the rocks of Australia
- future access to electronic apps explaining the rocks in the NRG
- information about geotourism localities in Australia.
There is no fee to become a Friend of the National Rock Garden. Please note that we will not share your contact details with any other person or party.