One of the main motivators for the exploration and research into the geology of Australia has been the finding and extracting of minerals and energy. Mineral and energy rocks also provide some of the most interesting and spectacular rocks out there.
Rocks to show: Ores of metal resources, Rocks showing minerals of resources, Rocks from iconic or world class deposits.
Rocks included in this theme
- Greenbushes Pegmatite, WA
- Broken Hill AgPbZn gossan, NSW
- Mole granite, NSW
- Mt Lyell CuAu ore, Tasmania
- Argyle diamond ore, WA
- Cadia Ridgeway CuAu ore, NSW
- Kalgoorlie super pit gold ore, WA
- Kambalda nickel ore, WA
- North Pole barium ore, WA
- Cadjebut Zn/Pb, WA
- Hunter Valley coal, NSW
- Precipice sandstone, Queensland
- Moonta porphyry and Dora schist, SA